Over the past year, I have had the wonderful opportunity of working with a PR company to review and learn more about HP and Microsoft products. How does this work exactly? Well, HP, Microsoft and the PR company they have hired are interested in the feedback and opinions of their average, everyday customers. Where do I come in? Right now they are curious about my perspective as a mother – who also happens to be the one balancing our family’s budget and deciding where every dollar is spent. As a blogger I can share my opinions about their products with them while giving my readers the skinny on their products.
An important Morningside Mom disclaimer: I am not paid to write any of these reviews.Yes, I do get to hold onto the review products “for an extended period of time” and that is certainly a benefit. However, my reviews and opinions are my own. I promise that I’ll be straight with you. If I like something, I’ll tell you. If I don’t, I ‘ll tell you that too.
On this page, I will collect and post each link to my HP product reviews and experiences. I will also keep the rules and results of the famous HP Giveaway contest here too.
Keep checking back for new updates all the time!
HP Pavillion dv6000 Entertainment PC and HD Canon Video Camera Review
My first contact with the PR company Buzz Corps was a few weeks before BlogHer08. They were looking for a mom blogger to try out some HP gear. Call it luck, call it fate, call it a very lucky day for me but one of their very wonderful reps just happened upon my blog. She liked it, she contacted me and *poof* just like, I wound up reviewing the very fabulous HP Pavillion dv6000 Entertainment PC at BlogHero8. The amazing thing about this laptop is that it is ideal for movie making and picture editing. There are all sorts of extra USB plugs, a spot to upload pics directly from your SD card and a DVD drive and burner. The HD Canon Video Camera was a wonderful addition so that I could try making HD movies right on this laptop. Once I had the correct firewire, it was a cinch. All of the movies I put on my blog are made using that HD camera and HP Pavillion laptop. For an example of a video I took at BlogHer (its of Dooce and it’s pretty cool) and links to these products, check out my review on this blog here.
Vivienne Tam HP Mini Netbook Review
I am very excited about my opportunity to review the new Vivienne Tam edition HP Mini Netbook. HP is hoping that this product will meet the needs of moms (and bloggers) just like me: always online, always needing access to a PC and always on the go. And it is impossible to overlook how gorgeous this HP Mini is. HP has teamed up with the designer Vivienne Tam to create something fabulous for women who don’t want to sacrifice fashion for technology. I think they are describing this mini as “tech chic” and it is also considered the first “clutch” PC. For more feedback from me – and even some 12 second videos I made with it – check out my review here.
The New York Trip
To truly illustrate the full “Vivienne Tam meets technology” experience, HP took tech, fashion and parent bloggers to the City. Yep, you heard right, I joined a fabulous crew of bloggers and went to NYC for fashion week to experience the Vivienne Tam collection for myself. Check out my post about all of the bloggers who went with me.
Once I arrived in NYC, I had to post from my fabulous hotel room right away. I was thrilled to be there and absolutely besides myself.
The next day we went on a tour of the city and then went to the Vivienne Tam show that evening. I posted about our amazing evening and actually meeting Vivienne Tam herself!
On our last day, we were given gifts. We were stunned and taken aback. Curious about what we got? Then read on. We also had another opportunity to meet Vivienne Tam again that evening. Read here about our gifts, the entire experience and my appreciation for turning this regular mom into a fabulous woman for one evening.
My Vivienne Tam Wireless Mouse giveaway can be found here.
Here are some of my favorite posts about the NYC trip written by other bloggers who were there experiencing it all with me!
If you are looking for more of the blogger’s posts rehashing our amazing NYC trip and experiences at fashion week, visit the HP website .
2008 HP Magic Giveaway
Welcome to the Morningside Mom Magical HP Giveaway Contest!
How did it all begin?
The announcement of this contest was posted on my blog here.
What did my family and I think of all Giveaway prizes once we had a chance to check them out?
My family had a chance to review all of the HP Magic Giveaway prizes on my blog here.
I am so thrilled to announce that I am one of 50 bloggers worldwide being offered the opportunity by HP and Microsoft to give away a prize package of hardware and software worth $6,000.
I received well over 300 submissions. Thank you again to all entrants.
Where is HP’s site about this contest?
What did the prize package include?
- HP TouchSmart IQ816 PC
- HP HDX 18 series Premium Notebook PC
- HP MediaSmart Connect
- HP Pavilion dv4 series Entertainment Notebook PC (with Windows Live)
- HP Mini 1000 (with XP)
- HP Photosmart C6380 Wireless AIO (printer)
- HP 564 Photo Value Pak
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate/Home Premium or Microsoft Windows XP pre-installed on all units (Mini 1000 runs XP)
- Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (Student-Teacher Edition) – 1 DVD with 3 licenses
- Microsoft Windows Live
- Corel VideoStudio X2
- Kung Fu Panda (2 widescreen DVDs; 1 widescreen Blu-ray disc)
Total value: >US$6000
Which other Bloggers offered the same HP Giveaway?
Gotta Be Mobile
Barb’s Connected World
Small Biz Vista
JK On the Run
I Started Something
Digital Home Thoughts
Geek News Central
The Digital Lifestyle
Geeks To Go!
One Day, One Job
Study Hacks – Demystifying College Success
La Bitácora de Erwin Ried
Unión de Bloggers Hispanos
Living – In Theory
Moosh in Indy
Thoughts on poetics and tech
Stop, Drop and Blog
Contest Giveaway Rules, Dates and Expectations
1) This entire prize package will be awarded to one person.
2) However, this winner will be chosen based on how they plan to use this prize. To be more specific, I will be awarding this prize to a winner who will put the package to positive change or towards a charitable cause. For example, this person might work at an underprivileged school, the winner might know someone working at an underfunded health clinic, or maybe they’ve heard about a Boys and Girls club that might need a donation. Regardless, this person should plan to have these computers affect lives positively.
3) The winner has the option of sharing this prize, it is their choice. In other words, I can mail part or all of the package to the winner or could mail part or all of the package directly to a cause, charity, etc.
4) Each entrant MUST explain to me in 250 words or less why their cause should be chosen. This explanation must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “My Entry to the HP/Microsoft Magic Giveaway”.
5) The entrant is encouraged to be creative with their submission. You could include a link to a blog post, a Youtube clip or FLIKR images. (Please do not send large files or jpegs attached to the email itself.) Through your submission, show me you are an honest individual who truly cares about the cause or person you support. The more you can show me that your cause is real (and not something made up so you can sell it all on e-bay which I strongly strongly discourage), the better your chances are to win. Please remember: this is about giving and supporting a worthwhile cause. Please think hard about what kind of good you can do with this prize.
6) I will not hold it against the winner if they would like to keep a portion of the prize themselves. There is certainly enough to go around and it is up to the winner to decide how to spread the wealth. Just remember, charitable individuals will be rewarded in this contest.
7) Real addresses are required, no p.o. boxes.
8 ) International entrants are welcome.
9) While your address and full name will be protected and kept private, I will be posting about the winner and the cause they represent on the Morningside Mom blog.
10) Additionally, the winner will be asked to submit a follow up post about how the gift package was put to good use. Pictures and personal experiences will be highly encouraged. This follow up will be expected within 2-4 weeks after you received the package.
11) While unlikely, press or media could potentially by involved. If they are, obviously, the winner’s full name or address will not be made public or ever shared with anyone.
12) Winners will be chosen solely at my discretion.
13) Entrants who have won this prize at one of the other 49 blogger’s websites involved in the HP give away will be disqualified.
14) A winner will be announced on December 5th.
15) If you consider yourself a friend of mine – I love ya but sorry, don’t bother entering. However, think about entering at one of the other 49 blogger’s sites! (See above.) But tell a friend about my contest (one I don’t know) to come on over and enter.
16) HP has encouraged me to look over the hardware and review it. Some boxes or bags may have been opened. Everything has of course been put back into its original packaging.